CLEAR IT ANALYTICS
Clearita provides the CIO office of an Organization with IT Analytics and benchmarking with data gathered from the organization’s IT Landscape and other identified data sources. It create a data driven culture for decision making in organization. Most organizations understand they have business problems to solve, but no clear understanding of how to use data to help resolve them. Our solutions to process-improvement combined with a focus on statistical analytics will provide you with more reliable answers to your key improvement questions.
Clearita is a solution that is developed on the DPL Infrastructure framework, which provides a scalable, multi-tenant, secure and role based environment to deliver the analytics via web, desktop or mobile.CLEARITA Solution is template driven and can be deployed both on premise or on the cloud (including a Hybrid Model).
CLEARITA HELPS IN PROVIDING KEY METRICS FOR IT IN SOME OF THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES
A busines process is a set of steps or tasks that a team use repeatedly to create a product or service, reach a specific goal. It provide value to a customer or supplier.
Percentage of planned return on investment (ROI) for application development and maintenance projects. Length in years of information architecture planning horizon.
Average time in hours to resolve a service commitment disruption.
Average time in hours to respond to highest priority problem for the current year.
Total cost of IT development and maintenance per $1,000 revenue.
Total cost of IT operations per $1,000 revenue.
CLEARITA SOLUTION OVERVIEW
ClearITA Solution Provides following 4 ways
Predefined dashboard apps built based on APQC templates. Can compile own dashboards from the extracted data sources.
The Dashboard Framework user interface comprises three main components.
A dashboard can be called directly from a work center and displays small images of its apps in a screen.
App outputs information. All relevant information of an app is visible without further user input.
Most delivered apps have a configuration app, with which you can adjust it to your requirements, for example to specify headers or other texts to be displayed, or to change the app data.
DATA WAREHOUSE REPORTING:
- It is a system used for reporting and data analysis, and is considered a core component of business intelligence.
- DWs are central repositories of integrated data from one or more disparate sources. They store current and historical data and are used for creating analytical reports for knowledge workers throughout the enterprise.
- Based on the pre defined KPIs published by APQC and other ITSM standards. Uses historical data sources.
- Delivered as pre defined WebI reports for offline viewing.
- Run collected source data through APQC Benchmarking utility to generate benchmarking reports delivered through DPL Discovery.
- Benchmarking is comparing one’s business processes and performance metrics to industry bests and best practices from other companies.
- Dimensions typically measured are quality, time and cost.
- In the process of best practice benchmarking, management identifies the best firms in their industry, or in another industry where similar processes exist, and compares the results and processes of those studied to one’s own results and processes.
- Benchmarking is used to measure performance using a specific indicator resulting in a metric of performance that is then compared to others.
- Availability of reports online through the DPL Portal to allow sharing of reports.
- The ORS (Online Reporting System) is designed as a flexible tool for the creation of online national reports and is especially customized.